Monday, August 27, 2012

The West is Best

A few weeks ago I travelled down to Westport (recently voted The Best Place to Live in Ireland in a recent Irish Times poll) and Tourmakeady in County Mayo, to visit one of my best friends in her fraternal hometown, who was on leave from her work in Dubai.


Tara and I, Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo (August )

We took some lovely pictures, that she had fun playing around with in instagram, the garish colours have a sort of picture postcard quality. I'll treasure them nonetheless and want to share some of them here, to celebrate what a wonderful part of the world I am lucky to have close at hand.


Lough Mask, near Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo


Tourmakeady, Co. Mayo


Paddy's Bar, Tourmakeady, Co. Mayo

-

Before I left I hurriedly scheduled a number of posts, and this is one of them.

3 comments:

  1. I've never visited any part of Ireland, but having lingered over these photos, it seems that the West is somewhere I should definitely aim to see. What stunning scenery.
    Also, thank you so much for taking the time time to leave such a thoughtful comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irealand realy is a beautful place

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, I love the top one best! I need to get an instagram compatible phone, my attempts at using a lomographic camera aren't being too fruitful as of yet!

    ReplyDelete