Friday, February 25, 2011

Wicked Witch of the West




Yesterday as I was rushing to work (I was late as usual) whilst impatiently waiting for the green man to appear I absentmindedly looked down at my feet and couldn't help but notice the resemblance my hosiery and footwear bore to that of the Wicked Witch of the West in The Wizard of Oz. Maybe it was a subconscious thing?


They're Clarks by the way, they're ugly and comfortable. I love them. A friend called them 'geriatric shoes' and didn't believe that I had actually bought them. I only wish they were as sparkly as the witches though and that I could cast spells and hexes (especially hexes, on awful nosey old men in post offices). Tights are H&M.


As for the rest of me, well lets just say the resemble probably did spread above the waist!

5 comments:

  1. I love those shoes! Comfy shoes are the best. I have some M&S footglove ones which I wear to work. I look like a granny compared to everyone else but they're so comfy!
    Hayley
    http://strangeness-charm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the tights are really cute.
    don't worry about the shoes, i often choose comfort over aesthetics - except in this African heat it's really just flip flops... allllll the time! very unsexy but most comfy indeed :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could pull off stripey tights, but it's a good look when it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the comparison - pva and glitter attack for sparkly glory?

    ReplyDelete